What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy (Physical Therapy) is a branch of rehabilitation medicine that focuses on physical rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries. These include injuries to joints, bones, muscles, ligaments, and the systems required for healing and normal function.
Physiotherapy treatments can include the following:
// Personalized exercise programs designed to improve your strength, range of motion, and function
// Soft tissue work such as Active Release Technique®
// Joint mobilization and manipulation to reduce pain and stiffness
// Functional activity and tolerance testing and training
Physiotherapy at Ossington Chiropractic
Physiotherapy at Ossington Chiropractic and Rehabilitation consists of the following steps:
1. Assessment of the patient's complaints.
2. Treatments specifically designed for the individual's immediate needs and long-term goals.
3. Ongoing re-evaluation as required to produce maximum results from treatment.
4. Communication with and/or referral to other health professionals deemed appropriate for the patient's care.
5. A long-term treatment and/or home care plan specific to the patient.